Say No to forming a world government
- A world government will add another layer of bureaucracy.
- It will add another layer of taxes and will add to the burden of the tax payers.
- No one will be able to escape a tyrannical world government, whereas one can always escape a tyrannical country by migration.
Already the world bank and IMF are showing their tyranny by proposing an emigration tax, yoking your neck to the country of your birth permanently.
- The competition among nations to reduce their taxes and thus curtail government expenditure will be smothered thus leading to non-competition, higher taxes and higher government wastage. This will lead to economic stagnation of the world.
- A world government will lead to robin hood kleptocracy (rob the rich countries give a little to poor countries with corrupt dictatorship, pocket the rest) on a world scale.
- There is no guarantee that a democracy will not become a dictatorship overnight. Many democratic governments like Pakistan have become dictatorships overnight. If the world democratic government is overthrown by a dictatorship, the dissidents will have nowhere to run to and can't find any place of refuge to make their voices heard.
- The ability of the world federal government to create world institutions that can mediate differences that arise because of linguistic, ethnic, religious, or other regional differences is an important challenge. The inability to meet this challenge may lead to the secession of parts of the federation or to civil war, as occurred in United States and Switzerland. A civil war on a global scale may mean Atomic World War III. It may be better to remain independent and cooperate rather than lose independence and fight for it later.
- There will be no tax competition between governments. And where there is no competition, taxes both direct and indirect will go sky high and no one can escape to a low tax jurisdiction. Govts will have little incentive to cut expenses instead relying on more taxes (robbery).
- Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Since Government = power
Governments corrupt, Absolute One world Government will corrupt absolutely.
- Be intensely suspicious of anything MONO. Mono theism, Mono cultures, Mono ONE WORLD governments. These are receipes of stagnation.
- Those who advocate a world government usually have a touch of megalomania. Usually only those who plan world domination plan world governments.
- Be intensely suspicious of any sort of collectivism. A One world government will be a collectivism of the worst sort. Everybody will be everybody else's keepers.
- By nature things keep becoming many by dividing. First there were few species now there are millions. First there was a cosmeg now there are billions of galaxies. Diversity is the way of nature. Monosity goes against nature. It is important to have a diverse set of governments than a single monolithic entity that will
tend to stagnation and corruption.
- We can always criticize the governments of other nations. But our own government will not allow too much criticism by us. But if there was only one government
it will tend to suppress all criticism because all of us will "belong" to its power to crush.
- I added a criticism section to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_government. And it was removed again and again.
This PROVES that one world government advocates can't tolerate criticism. Only megalomaniacs can't
tolerate criticism. If even an one world govenrnment article cant tolerate a criticism section,
you can evaluate your chances of giving free criticism if you were under a
one world government tyranny (er. democracy/kleptocracy/debtocracy).
- The smaller a country the more likely its government is likely to spend less than it earns. If you see this list you will see that smaller countries like island countries consistently have a positive balance. Bigger countries are most likely to be overspenders.
By extrapolation, a world government will be the biggest overspender of all. This is because when governments cover bigger and bigger territories, money collected by taxation is spent on distant peoples rather than on people from whom the taxes are collected this leaves the government less accountable to the tax payers. Governments encompassing
smaller territories don't have to keep their brothers welfare in distant lands so have to spend less and so are usually within budget.
- Do not form even a federation or union. Because a federation tends to become centralized over time. And its members
cannot secede because the federation will rack up a mountain of debt and will resist any member from getting
out of its debt by secession. Also ask yourself if you will approve any part of your country from separating
and forming its own country? If not, how will a federation allow independence to any of its members? We
want our country to be free and independent but we do not want any part of our country to become
free and independent.
- Independence ALWAYS have to be bought with bloodshed but can be easily signed away or voted away
for wishy washy ideas of unity. We should be united because we WANT to be not because we are prevented
from becoming free. The best way of achieving unity is to cooperate as Independents not by throwing away
- National elections are a circus that wastes billions of dollars to elect a bunch of buffoons who play
at being big shots. World elections will be a bigger circus that will waste trillions of dollars to elect
a bunch of megalomaniacs who want to play at being god.
- The only thing that is big enough to challenge a government is another government. So we need lots of governments
to keep all governments in check.
- There are many issues where all humans do not want the same laws.
It is better to have different countries that have different laws instead of straight jacketing the entire
world into a set of laws that are the wishes of the majority with no room for minority desired laws. While it would be tempting for
one side to impose its laws on the other side, they would not want the other's wishes to be imposed on their side instead.
- Some humans want gun ownership by citizens to be banned, while others want to have the right to bear arms. A world government would
surely ban personal firearms as it would make the citizens unresisting and compliant and easily crushed. Also because it is the current practice in a majority
of the countries of the world. And a world democracy will impose the will of the majority on the rest.
- Some humans want to ban abortions, while others want abortions to be legal.
- Some humans want the government to do everything, while others want as little government as possible.
- Some humans want everything to be freely provided by the government, while others want government to steal nothing to give to others.
- Some humans want capitalism, while others want communism.
- Some humans want capital punishment to be legal, while others do not.
- Take any country. The part of the country that contains its capital city will become the most developed. The rest of the country
will be completely neglected by the government. The rest of the country will not be half as developed as the parts around the capital.
Now if a world government is formed, the country containing the world capital will become the most developed while the rest of the
world will stagnate and be neglected by the world government. Do you want your part of the world to stagnate compared to the part
containing the world capital? Will you agree to keep the world capital in India (my part of the world)? That is why it is better to
have many governments and many capitals. Only the local government will care about local development. Distant governments will not
give a shit about your part of the world.
Precautions to take
If inspite of all these objections you form a union or federation or consolidation or whatever you want to call it. Take
these following precautions to avoid becoming slaves.
- Add an automatic sunset clause of 20 years to join the union. Every country will automatically become free
at the end of 20 years of its joining date. After that it must conduct a general referendum of its population to rejoin
the union. Otherwise you have become slaves to the union. You are not united because you want to be united but
because you are prevented from becoming free. In effect you have become slaves. Only slaves are prevented from becoming free.
- Politicians have a knack of overcoming citizen objections to form a union. This tactic was used to form the EU. They will
conduct a referendum to join the union. If the referendum fails, they will conduct it again after a few years. Rinse and repeat,
until the referendum says yes to join. After that you are slaves to the union forever. Only an automatic sunset clause will
protect you from these tactics. On the average a referendum has a 50% chance of saying yes. By conducting it lots of times
the population will eventually vote to join the union, throwing away their freedom. Never vote yes to a referendum to join
that does not include an automatic sunset clause. The referendum question must be 'join for 20 years? y/n' never just 'join? y/n'.
- Do not merge the militaries of the countries. Each country must continue to have its own militaries which can be lent
to the union for periods not exceeding an year at a time. Each country retaining control of its own defense resources is protection
against a tyrannical world government.
- The union must not form its own military. It must rely ONLY on its members' militaries.
- Conduct a referendum for each expense of the government. If the referendum fails the government should not waste taxpayers
money on that project. Each project must have an automatic sunset clause after which the referendum must be conducted again to continue
spending on that project.
- The union should not have any power to tax citizens directly. It must rely ONLY on its members contributions which is determined
by each member on its own and not according to any rules or ratios. This will protect
each countries revenue from being thrown down bottomless pit projects. Local government is more accountable to the people than
If you liked this article share this link with your friends.
Uncopyrighted. All rights unreserved. I place all my articles in the public domain. You can repost all these articles on your website/blog/forum giving attribution and link to this site.
Get notified on new articles. Use an RSS feed aggregator to subscribe to this RSS feed.